Acccenture came to our campus on 23rd Jan 2010. 702 appeared for written test, 167 cleared the test. 86 cleared GD, 66 (approx) cleared tech interview and 50 got short listed after HR interview.
55 questions 60 minutes. (time was sufficient)
PART A - Verbal (20 questions 20 minutes)
3 prepositions, 3 synonyms, 4 articles. Go through just the basics in grammar. I used wren and martin- high school English grammar. every thing is given in detail in that book..
2 reading comprehension. first one was about RS232 and 2nd one about inter process communication. first go through the questions with the answers and then search for it in the comprehension.. u can find it easily.. dont waste ur time reading the comprehension fully..
PART B - Analytical Reasoning (20 questions 25 minutes)
very very easy section
questions on Venn diagrams- nearly 5 to 6 questions. then general analytical reasoning.
eg. Rita was 10th from first in a class Sita was 9th from last. if u exchange their positions then Sita will be in 15th position from first. how many students r their in the class..??
PART C - General Maths (15 questions 15 minutes)
questions lik if * stands for *, + stands for /, - stands for + ete.. wat would be the value of 12/2+5*6-18
given a) rrrrerererr b) rrrrerererr c) rrrrererere. check whether all 3 r correct, only a is correct, a and b r correct.....
given one passage (eligibility test) and 4 questions from tat.
go through verbal and non verbal reasoning by R.S. Agarwal..
After written test we were given a ppt.. listen to tat very carefully cos questions from that was asked in HR interview.
In 2 hrs time result was announced. 167 got selected and we were called for GD..
We were divided into groups of 10.. Our topic was INNOVATION IN SOFTWARE. my advice guys.. pls try to be either the initiator or the concluder.. u ll surely get selected. I initiated the discussion. and after every body got a chance I continued wit some strong points giving real time examples. be in ur stand. tat is very important. if some body oppose ur point don give up.. try to tackle....
only 3 were selected out of 10.. and luckily i was in tat...
1) introduce yourself
2) what is your area of interest? (but not even a single question from tat)
3) u have done your project in java knw.. tell me what is java?
4) wat is object oriented programming and its concepts.. explained..
5) tell me about polymorphism and abstraction in detail..
6) real time example for polymorphism
7) real time example for abstraction
8) do u know Unix..? what is the difference between Unix and windows..
9) tell me about your project... know your project thoroughly and present it well
10) hav u studied c and cpp..?
11) what r pointers in C?
12) gave me a program and asked what will be the output.. (pointers concept..) i said but was not very sure..
13) why din u get selected in other companies?
14) why Accenture?
15) wat is linked list? different types...
16) what s a tree.. explain in detail..?
17) use of a tree..
and lot more questions.. i don remember...
it was a stress interview for me..
he said u din do well in your technical round.. what do u say about tat...?? etc etc.. answer with a smiling face..
According to u what is life of a software man?
questions were asked based on my answers only..
r u ready to sign a service agreement?
r u ready to be relocated..?
tq, any questions?
after one hour results were announced.. thank GOD i was one among 50.. its all the GRACE OF GOD and hard work..
guys don get upset if u don get placed.. Accenture was my 4th company.. don give up hopes.. be cool...tats the formula behind every successful man..