Paper: 3i Infotech Placement Paper 2006 (Aptitude Section)
1. It was calculated that 75 men could complete a piece of work in 20 days. When work was scheduled to commence, it was found necessary to send 25 men to another project. How much longer will it take to complete the work?
2. A student divided a number by 2/3 when he required to multiply by 3/2. Calculate the percentage of error in his result.
3. A dishonest shopkeeper professes to sell pulses at the cost price, but he uses a false weight of 950gm. for a kg.
His gain is %.
4. A software engineer has the capability of thinking 100 lines of code in five minutes and can type 100 lines of code in 10 minutes. He takes a break for five minutes after every ten minutes. How many lines of codes will he complete typing after an hour?
5. A man was engaged on a job for 30 days on the condition that he would get a wage of Rs. 10 for the day he works, but he have to pay a fine of Rs. 2 for each day of his absence. If he gets Rs. 216 at the end, he was absent for work for ... days
6. A contractor agreeing to finish a work in 150 days, employed 75 men each working 8 hours daily. After 90 days, only 2/7 of the work was completed. Increasing the number of men by ________ each working now for 10 hours daily, the work can be completed in time.
7. what is a percent of b divided by b percent of a?
(a) a (b) b (c) 1 (d) 10 (d) 100
8. A man bought a horse and a cart. If he sold the horse at 10 % loss and the cart at 20 % gain, he would not lose anything; but if he sold the horse at 5% loss and the cart at 5% gain, he would lose Rs. 10 in the bargain. The amount paid by him was Rs._______ for the horse and Rs.________ for the cart
9. A tennis marker is trying to put together a team of four players for a tennis tournament out of seven available. males - a, b and c; females " m, n, o and p. All players are of equal ability and there must be at least two males in the team. For a team of four, all players must be able to play with each other under the following restrictions: b should not play with m, c should not play with p, and a should not play with o.
Which of the following statements must be false?
1. b and p cannot be selected togethe
2. c and o cannot be selected together
3. c and n cannot be selected together.
10. If 2x-y=4 then 6x-3y=?
(a)15 (b)12 (c)18 (d)10 Ans. (b)
11. If x=y=2z and xyz=256 then what is the value of x?
(a)12 (b)8 (c)16 (d)6 Ans. (b)
12. (1/10)18 - (1/10)20 = ?
(a) 99/1020 (b) 99/10 (c) 0.9 (d) none of these Ans. (a)
13. Pipe A can fill in 20 minutes and Pipe B in 30 mins and Pipe C can empty the same in 40 mins.If all of them work together, find the time taken to fill the tank
(a) 17 1/7 mins (b) 20 mins (c) 8 mins (d) none of these Ans. (a)
14. Thirty men take 20 days to complete a job working 9 hours a day. How many hour a day should 40 men work to complete the job?
(a) 8 hrs (b) 7 1/2 hrs (c) 7 hrs (d) 9 hrs Ans. (b)
15. Find the smallest number in a GP whose sum is 38 and product 1728
(a) 12 (b) 20 (c) 8 (d) none of these Ans. (c