Discussion :: Indian Geography - Section 1 (Q.No.29)
The number of major languages, recognized in the Indian Union as official language, are
Answer: Option B
No answer description available for this question.
|Jenjen said: (May 26, 2011)|
|The twenty two major languages of India are:.
Assamese/Axomiya, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Standard Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri (also Meitei or Meithei), Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu.
|Sundar said: (May 26, 2011)|
|1. Assamese/Asomiya Assam
2. Bengali/Bangla Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Tripura, West Bengal,
3. Bodo Assam
4. Dogri Jammu and Kashmir
5. Gujarati Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Gujarat
6. Hindi Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, the national capital territory of Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
7. Kannada Karnataka
8. Kashmiri Jammu and Kashmir
9. Konkani Goa, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Kerala
10. Maithili Bihar
11. Malayalam Kerala, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep
12. Manipuri (also Meitei or Meithei) Manipur
13. Marathi Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh.
14. Nepali Sikkim, West Bengal
15. Oriya Orissa
16. Punjabi Chandigarh, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab
17. Sanskrit Listed as a Classical Language of India.
18. Santhali Santhal tribals of the Chota Nagpur Plateau (comprising the states of Bihar, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, Orissa)
19. Sindhi Sindhi community
20. Tamil Tamil Nadu, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Puducherry. One of the two Classical Languages of India, the other being Sanskrit.
21. Telugu Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Andhra Pradesh
22. Urdu Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar
|Prithi said: (Jun 28, 2012)|
|In our Constitution, there is 18 language is taken as official language, In which amendment it become 22 ?|
|Mohit Saxena said: (Jun 12, 2013)|
B.D.M.S means BODO, DOGRI, MAITHILI, SANTHALI are languages added to 8th schedule under 92nd amendment.
|Azad said: (Aug 22, 2014)|
|In article 8 there are 22 languages in constitution.|
|Khalid said: (Nov 10, 2014)|
|Kashmiri is also a language of India.|
|Ranjan Verma said: (Dec 5, 2015)|
|Four Indian languages (Bodo, Dogri, Santhali, Maithili) were incorporated in eighth schedule of Indian constitution by 92th amendment.|
|Lopamudra said: (Dec 13, 2016)|
|Earlier there were 14 langs.
then as per 21st Amendment, Sindhi came.
71st Amendment- Konkani, Manipuri, Nepali.
In 92nd Amendment- Bodo, Dogri, Maithali & Santhali came.
|D Mahapatra said: (Jan 6, 2017)|
|Thanks for all the answer.|
|Ravivarma said: (Feb 28, 2018)|
|English also a official language.|
|Karan said: (May 21, 2018)|
|Thanks for giving an information.|
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.