Discussion :: Basic General Knowledge - Section 1 (Q.No.42)
- «« Basic General Knowledge - Section 1
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 2
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 3
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 4
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 5
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 6
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 7
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 8
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 9
- «« Basic General Knowledge - Section 10
Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) was established in
Answer: Option B
No answer description available for this question.
|Sarita said: (Jun 24, 2011)|
|Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) is one of India's leading shipyards. It is located on the West Coast of India at Vasco da Gama, Goa It was established in 1957, originally by the Portuguese-India govt as "Estaleiros Navais de Goa", to build barges. After the liberation of Goa by the Indian armed forces in 1961, it was requisitioned to manufacture warships for the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard.|
|Parika said: (Nov 1, 2012)|
|What is meant by shipyard ?|
|Sundar said: (Mar 28, 2013)|
Shipyards are the places where ships are repaired or built. It is synonymous with the word dockyards where ships are maintained.
|Rajni Gaud said: (May 10, 2013)|
|Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) established in 1957, is a leading ISO 9001-2008 certified shipyard on the West Coast of India, functioning under the administrative control of Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India.
GSL is strategically located on the banks of river Zuari in Goa, a major international tourist destination well connected by its international airport and major port enroute all important shipping lines.
Beginning as a small barge building yard, GSL has garnered reputation as one of the most sophisticated shipbuilders in the Country. For over four decades, GSL has designed, built and commissioned a wide range of sophisticated vessels for varied applications in the defence and commercial sectors with special expertise in building modern patrol vessels of Steel and Aluminium hull structure.
GSL'S inherent strengths are:
- An ISO 9001 Certified Company.
- World class CAD/CAM facility for basic design, simulation and advanced outfitting.
- Sate-of-art manufacturing facilities which includes four Slipways with a maximum weight of 3000 tonnes and 180m long Outfitting Jetty.
- Unique distinction of implementing ERP for all functions.
- Steel Preparation Shop for priming and cutting of steel,aluminium & non ferrous plates.
- A workforce of over 1600 skilled personnel and over 200 qualified engineers and naval architects.
GSL offers a wide spectrum of services to its valued customers which include:
- Designing and building of variety of vessels.
- Repair and modernization of vessels.
- Technology transfer.
|Lakshmi.M said: (Jan 4, 2014)|
|How many shipyard in our country? & where it is located? and which is the largest & shortest shipyard in our country ? and also in the world?|
|Pragati said: (Jul 2, 2015)|
|There are 23 shipyards in India.|
|Sahen Boro said: (Dec 26, 2015)|
|How to use it?|
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.