Discussion :: GATE Exam Questions - Section 1 (Q.No.1)
|Divya said: (Feb 2, 2015)|
|Explain me how it is?|
|Anil Das said: (Feb 22, 2015)|
|The no. of equation formed depends on the no. of joints.|
|Shahzad said: (Apr 23, 2015)|
|The number of equation depend upon the support and joint.|
|Ammu said: (Jul 2, 2015)|
|Please explain clearly.|
|Rajesh said: (Jul 5, 2015)|
|Jaya said: (Jul 10, 2015)|
|I can't understand.|
|Vengat said: (Jul 14, 2015)|
|I want deep explanation.|
|Moni said: (Jul 24, 2015)|
|In slope deflection method: The simultaneous equation can be solved only by the count of number of joints in that structure.|
|Lokesh said: (Jul 27, 2015)|
|Whatever the forces formed are acting in any type of structure, will act on joints (imagine all supports can be considered as joints, but joints are not supports). Force can act horizontal & vertical at any joints. Generally to get unknown forces we will prepare equations accordingly.|
|Vara said: (Oct 1, 2015)|
|Number of equation depends upon the number of joints.|
|Rihan said: (Nov 2, 2015)|
|Consider 1 frame equation to be solve is 3 now explain how it depends on joint.
It depends on KI neglecting axial deformation.
|Govardhan said: (Nov 26, 2015)|
|Number of equations depends upon the number of joints.|
|Nelson said: (Nov 27, 2015)|
|Some body explain me?|
|Subhendu said: (Dec 10, 2015)|
|No I didn't think so, it depends on the degree of kinematic indeterminacy. Think of a frame which can be both sway & non-sway. In former case equations are 2 while in later case it is 3.|
|Firdous said: (Jan 31, 2016)|
|It VL depend on no of joints. As we have to determine joint rotations which in turn give us unknown moments.|
|Jyothsna said: (Feb 3, 2016)|
|What is meant by VL?|
|Pavithra said: (Feb 27, 2016)|
|VL is vertical line.|
|Udhyhakumar said: (Jun 21, 2016)|
|This is applicable for all the types of slopes and deflection method.|
|Yogita Sharma said: (Jun 27, 2016)|
|Force can act on horizontal and vertical at any joints.|
|Jai Hockey said: (Jul 11, 2016)|
|I can't understand how it is. Please someone explain it.|
|Aditya said: (Aug 26, 2016)|
|If there are 3 equations then the 3 joints will be there to solve and get the answer.|
|Snehal Wankhede said: (Aug 30, 2016)|
|Answer is B.
Lets say for frame ABCD EqS are,
Mab, Mba, Mbc, Mcb, Mcd, Mdc, ΣMb=0 ΣMc=0.
|Rahul said: (Nov 18, 2016)|
|It has to be degree of kinematic indeterminancy.|
|Sangram said: (Dec 16, 2016)|
|For frame ABCD EqS are,
Mab, Mba, Mbc, Mcb, Mcd, Mdc, ∑Mb=0 ∑Mc=0.
|Vinay said: (Dec 17, 2016)|
SLOPE DEFLECTION METHOD:
* Slope deflection method was proposed by George A. Maney in 1914.
* The slope deflection equation will give the relationship between B.M rotation and deflections.
* The number of simultaneous equations to be solved in the slope deflection method is equal to the number of joint displacements in the structure.
* In the slope deflection equations, the deformations are considered to be caused by B.M only.
* In slope deflection method, joint rotations are taken as unknowns.
* Slope deflection method is used to find S.F. and B.M. in a structure in which Slope and deflections are unknown.
* Slope deflection method can be used to analyse All the structures (Fixed beams, Continuous beams, Multi-storey portal frames).
* The slope deflection method of structural analysis is a method of displacement.
* Slope deflection method can be used to solve Statically indeterminate beams/statically indeterminate structures.
|Sowjanya said: (Jan 5, 2017)|
|Please explain about statical indeterminacy and kinematic indeterminacy.|
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.