Biochemistry - Glycolysis

Why Biochemistry Glycolysis?

In this section you can learn and practice Biochemistry Questions based on "Glycolysis" and improve your skills in order to face the interview, competitive examination and various entrance test (CAT, GATE, GRE, MAT, Bank Exam, Railway Exam etc.) with full confidence.

Where can I get Biochemistry Glycolysis questions and answers with explanation?

IndiaBIX provides you lots of fully solved Biochemistry (Glycolysis) questions and answers with Explanation. Solved examples with detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand. All students, freshers can download Biochemistry Glycolysis quiz questions with answers as PDF files and eBooks.

Where can I get Biochemistry Glycolysis Interview Questions and Answers (objective type, multiple choice)?

Here you can find objective type Biochemistry Glycolysis questions and answers for interview and entrance examination. Multiple choice and true or false type questions are also provided.

How to solve Biochemistry Glycolysis problems?

You can easily solve all kind of Biochemistry questions based on Glycolysis by practicing the objective type exercises given below, also get shortcut methods to solve Biochemistry Glycolysis problems.

Exercise :: Glycolysis - Section 1

  • Glycolysis - Section 1
1. 

Glycolytic pathway regulation involves

A. allosteric stimulation by ADP
B. allosteric inhibition by ATP
C. feedback, or product, inhibition by ATP
D. all of the above

Answer: Option D

Explanation:

No answer description available for this question. Let us discuss.

2. 

During catabolism, only about 40% of the energy available from oxidizing glucose is used to synthesize ATP. Remaining 60%

A. is lost as heat
B. is used to reduce NADP
C. remains in the products of metabolism
D. is stored as fat.

Answer: Option A

Explanation:

No answer description available for this question. Let us discuss.

3. 

Why does the glycolytic pathway continue in the direction of glucose catabolism?

A. There are essentially three irreversible reactions that act as the driving force for the pathway
B. High levels of ATP keep the pathway going in a forward direction
C. The enzymes of glycolysis only function in one direction
D. Glycolysis occurs in either direction

Answer: Option A

Explanation:

No answer description available for this question. Let us discuss.

4. 

The released energy obtained by oxidation of glucose is stored as

A. a concentration gradient across a membrane
B. ADP
C. ATP
D. NAD+

Answer: Option C

Explanation:

No answer description available for this question. Let us discuss.

5. 

A kinase is an enzyme that

A. removes phosphate groups of substrates
B. uses ATP to add a phosphate group to the substrate
C. uses NADH to change the oxidation state of the substrate
D. removes water from a double bond

Answer: Option B

Explanation:

No answer description available for this question. Let us discuss.